Episode 41: Empathy
Did you know that the word ‘empath’ actually comes from an episode of Star Trek and it then became a psuedoscience term? This Okay-ish podcast episode is all about empathy!
Included in This Episode:
- Maryellen reveals the truth about the term empath and where it is derived from
- Maryellen then dives into empathy and helps the listeners understand the importance of being empathetic.
- She also shares the importance of setting healthy boundaries while being empathetic.
- “ Empathy is something that is learned, something that we can strengthen”
- “Having empathy for others is a wonderful thing our society needs, we all as humans need. But not having boundaries and trying to rescue or save others, not healthy.”