Episode 45: Attachment Styles
I’ve been asked multiple times to talk about relationships. Well, this is the start! To understand relationships we have to come to know attachment styles, where they come from, and what they look like. So, let’s talk about it!
Included in This Episode:
- Maryellen first introduces the 3 attachment styles: secure attachment, anxious attachment, and lastly avoidant attachment.
- She discusses where we can develop these attachment styles.
- Lastly, she gives scenarios of what these attachment styles look like in our adult lives to help you get a better understanding of how you or someone else might be expressing their attachment style.
- “It’s wild to think about, that these things that happen to us when we’re babies, impact us so much today.”
- “Attachment styles are the ways we relate to other people.”
- You see, attachment styles are like defense mechanisms to protect us, but the issue is that repeating these defense mechanisms often will cause the other person to leave because of the unhealthy nature of anxious and avoidant attachment styles.”